Best triggers

ledoov

Best triggers

Post by ledoov »

Hello,
I'm new here. Just ordered the eDRUMin 10 I hope to get super soon.
in the meantime I'm going to build my own eDrum set using an old kit and some drum-etc reel feel mesh heads.

however I feel the triggers are where things get dicy for me.

should I get

- ROLAND RT 30 dual zone side mounted outside tiggers? for Toms and BD?
OR
- jobeky drums (I live in France so that is easy to get here) inside 2019 3 or 4 leg new internal triggers?
OR
- some other things I have not considered?

OR if money is no issue
just get a DRUM-TEC diabolo kit....

thank you all for your help.
anton

Re: Best triggers

Post by anton »

If money is no issue then drum-tec beginning with diabolo all the way
MWJT42

Post by MWJT42 »

eDRUMin is very tolerant of any trigger input, so as long as your kit is well put together, this isn't a massive concern IMO.

I went with Jobeky AI on the snare, and Goedrum side triggers everywhere else (as positional sensing not necessary for toms/kick) and am very happy.

Originally I did used side to avoid any tom hotspots, but to be honest I get worse hotspotting on the toms, than with the centre snare trigger using eDRUMins hotspot suppression!
ledoov

Post by ledoov »

MWJT42 wrote:eDRUMin is very tolerant of any trigger input, so as long as your kit is well put together, this isn't a massive concern IMO.

I went with Jobeky AI on the snare, and Goedrum side triggers everywhere else (as positional sensing not necessary for toms/kick) and am very happy.

Originally I did used side to avoid any tom hotspots, but to be honest I get worse hotspotting on the toms, than with the centre snare trigger using eDRUMins hotspot suppression!

Thanks
super helpful.
i might just get JOBEKY triggers new 2019 models with that spider mounting system. I 'm still confused as to why drumtec are so expensive and "so much" better than others. what is it?
ledoov

Post by ledoov »

might just get a drum-tec snare only as taht needs to be precise as heck i feel.
ledoov

Post by ledoov »

anton wrote:If money is no issue then drum-tec beginning with diabolo all the way
thank you.
what makes DRUM-TEC "diabolo" the best in your opinion? is there some magic they use in their sensors, or way they build things?
perceval

Post by perceval »

I have a crossbar with a piezo and some foam mounted on it.
A side one mounted with double-face tape.

Costs a couple of quids, and works quite well.

Plus, you get to experiment what kind of foam works best when triggering. Invaluable lessons! :)
ledoov

Post by ledoov »

just found these. anyone ever use them>?

https://www.r-drums.com/
anton

Post by anton »

ledoov wrote:
anton wrote:If money is no issue then drum-tec beginning with diabolo all the way
thank you.
what makes DRUM-TEC "diabolo" the best in your opinion? is there some magic they use in their sensors, or way they build things?
Build quality (for example shells made in Germany from Sonor)
Superb trigger quality (especially snare) and feel (kickdrum)

Compared to Jobeky maybe a bit pricier but in terms of service and quality another level.
Compared to Roland (VAD for example) not that expensive anymore

Sure it depends on what you are willing to do by yourself or not.

If you have the shells and no problem with DIY go the Jobeky/Ufo/Whoeverbuildsdecentstuff trigger route, if you have the money and no interest in any DIY regarding A2E conversions go the Drum-Tec route.
ledoov

Post by ledoov »

anton wrote:
ledoov wrote:
thank you.
Build quality (for example shells made in Germany from Sonor)
Superb trigger quality (especially snare) and feel (kickdrum)

Compared to Jobeky maybe a bit pricier but in terms of service and quality another level.
Compared to Roland (VAD for example) not that expensive anymore

Sure it depends on what you are willing to do by yourself or not.

If you have the shells and no problem with DIY go the Jobeky/Ufo/Whoeverbuildsdecentstuff trigger route, if you have the money and no interest in any DIY regarding A2E conversions go the Drum-Tec route.

Thank you. I'm going to go DIY i think and i'll share my progress and sure ask more questions. Also just realised i shouldd have posted this in the DIY section, hadn't seen it. OOPS.

I found an entire POPLAR drum set by DRUM-TEC (acoustic) with all stands and stuff here for 120 EUROS so i'll use that as a base. Get R-DRUM trigger for the snare with taht crazy large spider mount, and some quartzsensors for the rest. ATV 18" ride, Roland VH10 hats, Roland CY12 Crash. DRUM-TEC real feel heads. that's the plan, at least.

wish me luck.