Unofficially supported devices

Rob
Site Admin

Re: Unofficially supported devices

Post by Rob »

What firmware version are you using? Version 1.3 fixes some issues with switches.
lalo

Post by lalo »

vandroiy wrote:
Mylo wrote:
vandroiy wrote:ATV 10" Pads from th eXS-3 work (also with Edge Sense) very well.

ATV 12" and 14" Cymbals also.
Is bell sense working with the ATV?
YES. on the 12" it works very well with the CY-8 Setting.
No chance with the 14".
I managed to get the atv 14" to trigger very well as ride with bell sense with the following settings
atv 14.jpg
atv 14.jpg (190.41 KiB) Viewed 5556 times
Thumdar

Post by Thumdar »

I have some old Pintech Concertcast ST mesh drums and am wondering if anyone has tried them with eDrumin. I've read that they do work with Roland modules so shouldn't that mean they will work with eDrumin?

The eDrumin10 is apparently exactly what I'm looking for (triggering Superior Drummer 3 via Cubase). Eventually I'll be buying Roland drum pads piece by piece but right now I need to get recording.
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

Thumdar wrote:I have some old Pintech Concertcast ST mesh drums and am wondering if anyone has tried them with eDrumin. I've read that they do work with Roland modules so shouldn't that mean they will work with eDrumin?

The eDrumin10 is apparently exactly what I'm looking for (triggering Superior Drummer 3 via Cubase). Eventually I'll be buying Roland drum pads piece by piece but right now I need to get recording.
From what I’ve read and seen in people’s experiences, drums are the easy part. If it has a piezo I suspect there is a 99.9% chance it will work. Somebody feel free to correct me.
Thumdar

Post by Thumdar »

Awesome, thank you!
MWJT42

Post by MWJT42 »

Mylo wrote:
Thumdar wrote:I have some old Pintech Concertcast ST mesh drums and am wondering if anyone has tried them with eDrumin. I've read that they do work with Roland modules so shouldn't that mean they will work with eDrumin?

From what I’ve read and seen in people’s experiences, drums are the easy part. If it has a piezo I suspect there is a 99.9% chance it will work. Somebody feel free to correct me.
No, you're right.

Which makes me wonder, why spend the money on Roland pads? In my experience it's the Roland module's trigger response that outshines the competition (personally comparing a TD12 to Alesis DM6 with DIY pads, but then eDRUMin blew that out of the water..), not the pads.
lalo

Post by lalo »

Which makes me wonder, why spend the money on Roland pads?
Well because they will last forever, I had all the expensive roland pads out there, they took a beating and I still sold them for a really good price, especially the older pd-1x5 series and the newer pd-1x8 which are still made in Japan. I tried the alesis strike, within 6 months the triggers were kaputt...
MWJT42

Post by MWJT42 »

lalo wrote:
Which makes me wonder, why spend the money on Roland pads?
Well because they will last forever, I had all the expensive roland pads out there, they took a beating and I still sold them for a really good price, especially the older pd-1x5 series and the newer pd-1x8 which are still made in Japan. I tried the alesis strike, within 6 months the triggers were kaputt...
Fair enough. They do hold their value.
lalo

Post by lalo »

Gewa G9 18“ Ride works as 3 Zone with one cable as Yamaha 3-zone, it´s the only 18“ ride besides the ATV one.
monospace

Post by monospace »

Seeing as that I had a couple of unused trigger inputs, I decided to splurge on a used Roland PD-7 ($25 on eBay). It's an ancient 7 inch, dual trigger, rubber pad. Works like a charm for effects such as extra digital snare, piccolo, handclaps, etc.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.