CE certification?

Rob
Site Admin

Re: CE certification?

Post by Rob »

"Only then can this product be traded on the EEA market"

I'm not trading on EEA market. Doesn't that make me exempt?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

gantz wrote:That's why one does not require certification and the other does. And the eDRUMin, being powered over USB or an external power adapter, certainly requires FCC/CE registration if Mr Jonkman wants to ship it to the US or the EU.
Ouch... You're the first person to use my last name on this forum. I'll certainly look into this. I'm pretty sure the CE compliance for low voltage devices is pretty simple. I'll need to do some more homework for FCC.
Exci

Post by Exci »

Pim wrote:Hi,

I ordered 2 already (coincidentally the second one arrived today) and all I had to do is pay custom fees. I'm from Germany, no issues with any of them so far. DHL will deal with the custom process, all *you* have to do is pay additional 6 EUR for DHL for the service...the custom fees themselves are around 25 EUR.

Best regards,
Pim
Hi Pim,
Did you order with express shipping from Rob or the regular one?
gantz

Post by gantz »

"Trading on the EEA market" here means that it's being sold to a buyer who is residing in the EEA/EU. It would defy the point of the marking if the requirement were only to apply to companies that have a physical presence in the EU. There's been a push in recent years to enforce the requirement especially on Asian sellers shipping direct to EU consumers.

Most companies choose to combine the FCC/CE certification process. In Taiwan there are many service providers, a quick search gives e.g. this:

https://www.etc.org.tw/en-us/TESTING/Sa ... sting.aspx

Another option is to ask Uli Behringer personally if you could borrow Behringer's own lab's time for certification. (They are in mainland China, not sure if that's a problem.) This may sound unconventional, but Uli started out like yourself. :D
Pim

Post by Pim »

Exci wrote:
Pim wrote:Hi,

I ordered 2 already (coincidentally the second one arrived today) and all I had to do is pay custom fees. I'm from Germany, no issues with any of them so far. DHL will deal with the custom process, all *you* have to do is pay additional 6 EUR for DHL for the service...the custom fees themselves are around 25 EUR.

Best regards,
Pim
Hi Pim,
I used the regular one. In both cases.
Pim

Post by Pim »

Rob wrote:
gantz wrote:That's why one does not require certification and the other does. And the eDRUMin, being powered over USB or an external power adapter, certainly requires FCC/CE registration if Mr Jonkman wants to ship it to the US or the EU.
Ouch... You're the first person to use my last name on this forum. I'll certainly look into this. I'm pretty sure the CE compliance for low voltage devices is pretty simple. I'll need to do some more homework for FCC.
Hi,

That would be great. After doing some more research yesterday, I would really feel better if it was ensured that the eDrumin officially complies with EU safety regulations.

Best regards,
Pim
Exci

Post by Exci »

Pim wrote:
Exci wrote: Hi Pim,
Ah, I was hoping I could skip the customs queue.
How long did it take for your package to arrive, if I may ask?
Pim

Post by Pim »

Exci wrote:
Pim wrote:
Exci wrote: Hi Pim,
Ah, I was hoping I could skip the customs queue.
Ca. 2-3 weeks the first time, 11 days the second time.
Exci

Post by Exci »

Pim wrote:
Exci wrote: Ah, I was hoping I could skip the customs queue.
Ca. 2-3 weeks the first time, 11 days the second time.
Ah. That's quite encouraging. Normally I have to wait two weeks just for the customs to process the package.
mprinz

Post by mprinz »

Hi guys,

Rob has to hide his products in huge candy bars. :shock:
But the german X-ray scanners will find them. :D

I will order one!

Greetings from Germany!