Positional sensing on cymbals

Exci

Positional sensing on cymbals

Post by Exci »

I was wondering if there are plans to add positional sensing to the cymbals. At least from what I understand it's not available right now. I currently have a 16" ATV cymbal I use as a ride but my TD-12 doesn't do very well at detecting the hit position. It would be a big selling point of the eDRUMin for me, if that feature was available.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Positional sensing on cymbals

Post by Rob »

Possibly, but that's not a priority for me. I'd be more interested in optimizing Bell Sense with their cymbals, although I've heard reports that it already works. I emailed ATV about getting some loaner sample units to use for development purposes, but I didn't get a reply. That's the way it is with big business, I guess. Anyways if I ever get one of their cymbals, I'll look into it for you.
Exci

Post by Exci »

On that note, how useful would it be if I did get the edrumin and then gave you some data to work with (both for the bell sensing and the PS)? I saw you mentioning you have some relevant tool. Or is it critical that you have personal access to the cymbal?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

That could definitely work. I don't need personal access to the cymbal providing the data is sampled carefully. Do you know how they get 360 degree triggering? I assume there are multiple piezos in the cymbal?
Exci

Post by Exci »

I'm not sure how many piezos there are. I haven't found any inside picture or full specs on those cymbals anywhere.