Will tom rim detection work with single center mounted piezo?

dsteinschneider

Will tom rim detection work with single center mounted piezo?

Post by dsteinschneider »

I read in another answer here on the forum that the snare rim sensing is done by the center piezo. I have a second piezo in my snare mounted to the shell by an L bracket. I've been meaning to see what happens if I disconnect it. Is that right that it isn't needed?

When I get my second eDRUMin for the kick drum and the two toms mounted on it will the same rim sensing work for those also?

The toms are converted using a center mounted UFO Drums ebridge and 3 ply head.

Thanks,

Doug
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Will tom rim detection work with single center mounted piezo?

Post by Rob »

dsteinschneider wrote:I read in another answer here on the forum that the snare rim sensing is done by the center piezo. I have a second piezo in my snare mounted to the shell by an L bracket. I've been meaning to see what happens if I disconnect it. Is that right that it isn't needed?
I make no guarantees, but it should work. Keep in mind that you'll only get 2-way triggering and not 3-way (no rimshot).
dsteinschneider wrote:When I get my second eDRUMin for the kick drum and the two toms mounted on it will the same rim sensing work for those also?
Again, I make no guarentees. Also keep in mind that there's no need to even have more than one zone for a kick pad.
dsteinschneider

Re: Will tom rim detection work with single center mounted piezo?

Post by dsteinschneider »

Thanks for the answer. I was thinking of assigning the tom rims to a cowbell or wood block if it triggers OK. Would leave kick as is of course.