Configuring VST host for mulitple eDrumins

dsteinschneider

Configuring VST host for mulitple eDrumins

Post by dsteinschneider »

I'm thinking about adding a second eDrumin. It's not clear to me how the signals are combined so that you can eliminate crosstalk between the two units.

I guess it won't be a problem for me because I have 12 and 13 inch toms mounted on my bass drum. I'll put those all on the same unit. The cymbals, snare and floor tom can be on the second unit - those are all stand-alone so theoretically there won't be vibration across those.

I looked in my VST host (Cantabile), in Options > MIDI Ports it looks like you can route the output of the eDrumin into the input of another MIDI device so perhaps that's how it will be done? There is another routing option where you route VST MIDI output to a 2nd VST's MIDI input.
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Configuring VST host for mulitple eDrumins

Post by Rob »

Sorry for the late reply. I just got back from a family camping / hiking trip. Depending on the host / OS, there are many ways to route the MIDI from one device into the other.

On OSX, it's probably easiest to use the Audio MIDI setup to do the routing. On Windows, you typically need to create and extra MIDI track with the input set to the first device and the output set to the second device.

I haven't used Cantabile, but if it's got some sort of MIDI device setup section that lets you do the routing, then that's probably easiest.

As you already mentioned, if all the cymbals / pads for the second unit are on stands, you aren't going to have any crosstalk issues anyways.