Levels HH with MIDI cymbal notes

mortennp

Levels HH with MIDI cymbal notes

Post by mortennp »

Hi Rob

I have a polite feature request:

Please enable eDRUMin to use the Levels option for a directly attached HH pedal, but with incoming MIDI cymbal notes instead of a cymbal trigger directly attached to the device. Both incoming USB MIDI and DIN MIDI :-)

I imagine being able to configure the two incoming MIDI notes for HH cymbal bow and edge in the "Levels" config UI area, both on the Pedal page directly, and in the DrumMap setup of Levels too.

I am asking because for "feel" I swapped all my e-cymbals with low-volume acoustic cymbals, mics and a mixer. However, I want to retain the option of triggering the e-cymbal sounds in my app/DAW/module/VST from a sample pad with MIDI connections to eDRUMin.

Ideally this would even work alongside a HH e-cymbal directly attached to the eDRUMin.

Does that makes sense? Is it possible? Feel free to contact me directly for elaboration or beta testing :-)

Have a nice weekend,
mortennp
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Levels HH with MIDI cymbal notes

Post by Rob »

I guess that feature request would make sense especially for someone using a MIDI keyboard in combination with an eDRUMin 4. I'll keep it in mind. It would also make a lot of sense to implement that for my MIDI Expression devices.