HH Levels Mode - How to adjust number of levels?

36KrazyFists

HH Levels Mode - How to adjust number of levels?

Post by 36KrazyFists »

Watching the video from a couple years back, it seems like your drum map would determine the number of levels you would see in HH Levels Mode, but I've gone through every default map and I've even tried creating my own drum map, but they all have 6 Open levels and two closed (Closed and Tight).

For Kontact Studio Drummer, we only need 5 opens. Is there a way to remove/add the number of Opens in the Hihat drum map editor?
Rob
Site Admin

Re: HH Levels Mode - How to adjust number of levels?

Post by Rob »

No, there's no way to remove them anymore (it caused issues), just make the top few hihat levels trigger the same notes.
36KrazyFists

Post by 36KrazyFists »

Rob wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:32 am
No, there's no way to remove them anymore (it caused issues), just make the top few hihat levels trigger the same notes.
Ahh, I see. Well, I changed over to Addictive Drums from Kontakt Studio Drummer (although I've got to say, so far I can't get close to the sound quality I had with Studio Drummer) and the CC mode works well with that.

Plus AD supports positional snare sounds which, as far as I can tell, SD doesn't. Although, the Simmons Titan 70 snare has a side mount sensor which eDrumin doesn't seem to support positional sensing with, so I'm experimenting with trying to convert it to a center mount sensor snare. So far it's not going great, but I've got some new piezos and cones coming tomorrow, so I'm hoping I can get it to work. It could also be that it's a 2 ply mesh head and I think I remember reading that the eDrumin prefers single ply for positional sensing, so we'll see...
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

You are mistaken. eDRUMin plays very well with 2-ply. Although this thread is about hot spot suppression, the same tips applies to positional sensing.
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=951