3 zones hi hat out of the box

perceval

Re: 3 zones hi hat out of the box

Post by perceval »

No piezo triggered module has a "brush" mode. It's the same signal from the piezos that go into a module. Piezos register a hit and intensity only.
The brush sounds are just the samples that are triggered. You just need to select the brush samples in SD3 and play.
You could tell SD3 that hits between 1~50 intensity are to trigger the sound of brushes sweeping across the head, and 50~127 being the sounds of brushes hitting the snare.

The only pads that could technically register something like a brushing stroke, not a hit, but a brushing across the snare, would be FSR based. The FSR pads can detect motion and force applied across the head. I think AlternateKAT tried to come up with a module and FSR pads, but it never came to be, being only a few videos made by the owner. I don't think it was ever produced. Or fell completely flat.

Post by TOP »

Thanks for ur cares Dear Rob n Perceval... so If I may interpret, I can use my existing presets in EDC and do more tinkering and adjustments in Superior drummer, right? ill give it a try first.... starting curious to imagine how the mapping is for the sweeping technique. Thanks again mates...
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

If you want to record authentic brush performance, I suggest an acoustic snare with real brushes.

Post by TOP »

Thanks Rob.. but ill try it first eith eDRUMin and lemon.
btw how bout rim only and sidestick in DDT MS-140? zdo they had own deficated midi note? thanks agsin

Post by TOP »

perceval wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 3:59 am

You could tell SD3 that hits between 1~50 intensity are to trigger the sound of brushes sweeping across the head, and 50~127 being the sounds of brushes hitting the snare.
Hi Perceval.. i' ve try to do ur advices... i had use brushes kit preset in Superior drummer 3... i managed to mapping sweep articulation using learn function in SD3, but i still confuse to do ur specific advice above.... Will u kind enough to teach how to do it? many thanks for ur cares n enlighments.
perceval

Post by perceval »

I'm not even close to my drum kit, dying of heat in 37C sunny scorching day, without anything, so you will have to do some research.
I'm just looking at screenshots I found on the internet.

In SD3, in the "settings", select MIDI in/e-drums, there is a tab for velocity, but I forgot if you can set different notes in there.
There's also a "mapping" tab, where you could set the center as hit, and the outer zone as brush.

I forgot if eDRUMin has the velocity to MIDI baked in the app. I can't fire the app without the unit. So, again, needs research.

Pretty sure you can do it in Logic Pro and other DAW.

Sorry, you will need to Google this, because my brain is fried from the heat. Even the water in the shower is super hot...

Post by TOP »

No worries mate.. this has more than enough for me.. ill give it a shot... just take good care of ur self..
Thats pretty nasty weather u had... tho in my place sometimes its hit 40 Celcius . where do u live btw Perceval? dont forget to keep our body humidity with enough mineral water then... take care... and thanks again for ur cares m enlighment sPerceval
perceval

Post by perceval »

not too far from you, in Taiwan.

We are in the process of installing containers on our new land, so nothing is setup. No insulation yet, only can use the AC at night.
thedrumdoctor

Post by thedrumdoctor »

Rob wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 2:07 pm
If you want to record authentic brush performance, I suggest an acoustic snare with real brushes.
Hell yeah! If I ever need to do a brush track I’d do it home on my real kit with the EAD10 and a pair of room mics.