EFNOTE Snare Pad 12" EFD-S12P-WS

yalexein

EFNOTE Snare Pad 12" EFD-S12P-WS

Post by yalexein »

I am having trouble getting positional sensing to work on my Efnote snare, which has three zones. I tried using the ATV preset, but it doesn't seem to recognize the edge or off-center hits. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if this is a hardware or software limitation. I appreciate any help you can provide. If it turns out that positional sensing isn't supported, and never be on this snare, I may need to return the Efnote and request a refund. Otherwise I may wait for the support. Any idea on this? Thanks very much.
Keigano

Re: EFNOTE Snare Pad 12" EFD-S12P-WS

Post by Keigano »

hey yalexein,

have you found a solution yet? i have the same snare but haven’t yet ordered a edrumin. im also very interested in ps, it not working might make me reconsider my choice.

thanks in advance

cheers
keigano
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Does the EFNote snare work with your current module? Have you read anywhere that that snare is designed for positional sensing?
Keigano

Post by Keigano »

Rob wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:07 am
Does the EFNote snare work with your current module? Have you read anywhere that that snare is designed for positional sensing?
Hey Rob,

now that you ask it is indeed nowhere mentioned that this pad (or any of efnotes) support ps. Thats such a bummer.
Sorry for that, i just recently came back to edrums and drumming in general after a long hiatus. Guess I was too quick and expected a rising brand like efnote with prices close to Rolands might at least have close to the same features supported… gotta rtfm in the future :lol:

I was very excited for the included rimbar and love the optics. It kinda works as a normal snare without ps on my td 15, the rim bar also works okayish. Unsure if i should send it back now since ps seems quite nice to have.

Cheers
Keigano
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Positional sensing might be doable on it, but I would have to one here in my studio to work with and look at the signal. However I'm not prepared to drop a bunch of cash on a pad that might may or may not be capable of positional sensing, only to have sit unused in my studio with a half dozen other pads that I just don't use.
Keigano

Post by Keigano »

I understand.

Meanwhile i found a forum post that mentions the 14“ ps works on pearls mimic pro with atv presets.
Now im confused
https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general/pr ... -mimic-pro

You are located in the us, right?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

So it's not officially supported, but seems to work the ATV 13" snare preset on the Mimic Pro. Chances are it'll somewhat work with an eDRUMin, but how well I cannot say. I'm in Taiwan, BTW. So the market getting rid of unused pads is not good, and certainly not English friendly.
Keigano

Post by Keigano »

i see.

i wonder if there is any way i can give you an insight of the trigger behaviour if i get my hands on a edrumin someday?
mmaybe data i can collect for you to remotely add decent support of ps on a efnote snare into the edrumin world?