Initial Setup with 6 triggers acting odd

josesuero

Initial Setup with 6 triggers acting odd

Post by josesuero »

I just got my eDRUMin 8, I have a 6 piece drum set with:

4 Dual zone Drum-tec groovedots (3 toms, 1 floor tom)
1 Single zone Drum-tec groovedot (1 Base drum with double pedal)
1 Roland RT-30HR on the Snare

All are connected to the Drum in by two individual TRS cables.

I currently have two problems:

1- When I set them all as stereo, one tom (seemly at random) would not play. I see on the eDRUMin app that the kick is lightly flickering but not enough to register any sound. If I make that tom be two separate mono instead of one stereo then I can get some sound from it.

2- Sound of snare and kick and one tom is very faint, I use to have those triggers connected to a Yamaha EAD10 and they seem to trigger fine (with the limitations of the module)
I have tried auto calibrate and putting all gain on it, and still not registering very much.

I have been trying instead to adjust superior drummer to lift the signal but still think I'm missing something

Any ideas, documentation or videos to push me in the right direction?

thanks in advance,

Jose
perceval

Re: Initial Setup with 6 triggers acting odd

Post by perceval »

not sure I understand the "All are connected to the Drum in by two individual TRS cables.
"

Pads only need one cable each, TS for bass drum and single zone pads (can be combined into a single input using a cable splitter from the eDDRUMin to the pads).
TRS are stereo cables, and only need one per input for 3-zone pads.

Choose the preset appropriately from the drop down menu in the app (single zone, 3-zone, piezo or switch, etc...), and auto-calibrate for initial setup. Then, adjust to taste.

Should be pretty simple.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

perceval wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:25 pm
not sure I understand the "All are connected to the Drum in by two individual TRS cables
Agreed. We need some clarification here. Each of those pads should be connected with a single TRS cable, for a total of 6 cables.Is that correct?
josesuero

Post by josesuero »

I made a video trying to explain better what I mean, at some point my body covers the computer, I any way try to explain

https://youtu.be/rWiw1VijPB8
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

It sounds like a hardware issue, but because you were blocking the eDRUMin UI, I can't see anything. You should contact me by email, support at audiofront dot net.