HXM Cymbal

scoTTTimo

HXM Cymbal

Post by scoTTTimo »

Think this would work with edrumin? It uses one cable.

https://x.alibaba.com/AwNjfq?ck=pdp
Rob
Site Admin

Re: HXM Cymbal

Post by Rob »

It probably will. Did you read any of the comments? This one is my favorite.
I buy it every time, but I'm always satisfied.
perceval

Post by perceval »

Google translated, surely! :)

I had a HXM small splash and it was nice quality product.

I was under the impression that HXM was a Thai company, also made in Thailand.

They made cymbals for 2box, so, I'm pretty sure they're the good stuff.
Actually, looking at them, they do look like the 2Box cymbals.
scoTTTimo

Post by scoTTTimo »

perceval wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 10:43 am
Google translated, surely! :)

I had a HXM small splash and it was nice quality product.

I was under the impression that HXM was a Thai company, also made in Thailand.

They made cymbals for 2box, so, I'm pretty sure they're the good stuff.
Actually, looking at them, they do look like the 2Box cymbals.
Yeah I found a post from you in the unofficially supported devices thread that said “HXM t8" triple zone rubber pad. It is basically a copy of the TP Yamaha pads, with the two side zones being switches.

If it has switches in it, does that mean that it’s either on or off? No sensitivity to velocity?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

It's velocity sensitive. All velocities are derived from piezo. The switches just indicate which articulation to trigger.
scoTTTimo

Post by scoTTTimo »

Rob,

I bought the cymbal. The choke isn’t working on it though, and I’m wondering if you might have any suggestions. I’ve tried all the different cymbal configurations and presets I can think of.

When I grab the choke, the “AT” does not light up. It just triggers a succession of bow notes, and sometimes throws in a random edge note.
perceval

Post by perceval »

use that note to trigger a choke in your VST.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

scoTTTimo wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2024 12:30 am
Rob,

I bought the cymbal. The choke isn’t working on it though, and I’m wondering if you might have any suggestions. I’ve tried all the different cymbal configurations and presets I can think of.

When I grab the choke, the “AT” does not light up. It just triggers a succession of bow notes, and sometimes throws in a random edge note.
What firmware version are you using? You are using a TRS cable? Are you able to trigger edge notes?
scoTTTimo

Post by scoTTTimo »

Rob wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2024 2:41 am
What firmware version are you using? You are using a TRS cable? Are you able to trigger edge notes?

Yes, TRS.

Yes, I can trigger edge notes, but not consistently. In fact none of the 3 notes (bow, edge, bell) are consistent. I have to hit the edge at just the right velocity. Just under a medium hit, so kinda light, but not too light. Also, sometimes hitting the edge will trigger the bell note. Sometimes hitting the bell will trigger edge notes. In fact bell and edge are the easiest to trigger. Bow is the hardest. Idk. This cymbal is funky. The 2-cable version works great.
scoTTTimo

Post by scoTTTimo »

Ok I am perplexed. I don’t get why, but it’s now working great. Here’s the sequence of what I did:
1. Switched to my lemon 3-zone ride (using a cable splitter so I can connect it to one jack on the ED10. Now AT/choke isn’t working on the Lemon cymbal (though it previously did), so I started to suspect the cable.
2. Switched to a different cable. Same issue persists. AT/choke is triggering a quick succession of a bunch of bow notes.
3. Switched to a different jack on the ED 10 (moved from jack #5 to jack #6). AT starts working. (At this point Im wondering if I have a bad jack on the ED10).
4. Switched back to the HXM cymbal. It’s working great with the new cable in jack #6.
5. Switched back to the old jack, #5. It’s still working.
6. Switched back to the old cable. It’s still working.

All 3 zones are working pretty good. Getting a rare random bell note when hitting the edge, but it’s rare. Besides that, the velocity sensitivity of all 3 zones works pretty dang good.

I’m not complaining, but I don’t get it.