3 x eDRUMin 4 seen as one MIDI input - MIDI Agregator on Windows

Intini

3 x eDRUMin 4 seen as one MIDI input - MIDI Agregator on Windows

Post by Intini »

Hi,

To cater for all pad inputs I have I am using 3 x eDRUMin 4s and all is working fine with most of my applications (SD3, EZD3, BFD, Modo DRUM). But some standalone apps only accept a single MIDI device as an input on Windows 11 - in these cases I cannot select all 3 eDRUMin4s, just one and this makes the app unsusable. I tried LoopMIDI and it sort of works but is very basic and I am looking for something with a litle bit more control and specially more feedback to fine tune things as some of these stand alone applications that I want to use are very picky and very limited on customization and mostly expect a "drum module" from Roland, Yamaha, etc.
Is there something like a MIDI agregatror that would allow me to create a virtual MIDI device that agregates other MIDI devices and that is not as basic as LoopMIDI?
tjheller

Re: 3 x eDRUMin 4 seen as one MIDI input - MIDI Agregator on Windows

Post by tjheller »

For Mac I use Midi Pipe, it allows you to combine multiple midi sources into one output stream. I'm not sure if there is a version for Windows though. At least it's a place to start.
Intini

Re: 3 x eDRUMin 4 seen as one MIDI input - MIDI Agregator on Windows

Post by Intini »

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, I found a free solution!
I found a software that is a midi router called MIDI-OX - free for non-commercial use.
This software MIDI-OX with the other more well-known free MIDI loop software called LoopMIDI are able to route 3 eDRUMins (or in fact any number of MIDI devices) together. You can create complex MIDI routings with these two pieces of software.
One of the standalone software instruments I was trying to use didn't see any of the virtual MIDI ports I created with loopMIDI. In fact, it only saw one of the 3 eDRUMins. Still, I was able to route all 3 eDRUMins together and it worked as expected.
Case solved! I hope this helps other people!