eDRUMin version 2 BETA

mprinz

Re: eDRUMin version 2 BETA

Post by mprinz »

Hi,

anybody tried it?

When I click on the firmware update system icon I get the message:
Firmware is missing. Please re-install eDRUMin Control.

I did, but I still get the message.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I tried for an hour to reproduce an issue, but couldn't. Can you send me you update log (support at audiofront dot net). That will shed some light on the issue. You'll find it here:

~/.Audiofront/MEC_log.txt
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I posted 2.0.1.1. It will give a little more information about the problem without requiring you to dig into the logs.
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

mprinz wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:10 pm
Hi,

anybody tried it?

When I click on the firmware update system icon I get the message:
Firmware is missing. Please re-install eDRUMin Control.

I did, but I still get the message.
I did not have this problem. I updated two ED4 and a ed10. Mac OS Catalina
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
mprinz

Post by mprinz »

Thank you, Rob!

I got it.
The file is there.

If I start the eDRUMin Control with admin rights it does the update.
All builds before 2.0.1.0 where fine without admin rights.

I am an Win10 21H1 19044.1706
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I'm able to reproduce this issue...
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I posted version 2.0.1.2 with a fix to this windows only issue.
trixdropd

Post by trixdropd »

Nice
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

Rob wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 8:27 am
I posted version 2.0.1.2 with a fix to this windows only issue.
I’ve been playing with the latest version of the app and there seems to be some significant issues on MacOS catilina. It started when I tried to recalibrate my VH13 on the new ED4R3 that arrived. Most significantly often I try to select A hosted ED4, but the app will not change from the ED10. Autoselect doesn’t seem to help either. Usually if I close the app and reopen it’s like the sluggishness will go away and I can select the hosted eDRUMin.

Another issue while calibrating the HH pedal the travel display just froze up and wouldn’t show travel. That seems to have recovered after several resets, but sometimes travel and the vertical indicator the tracks pedal movement can get hung up and not display anything.

More significantly the drum map does not seem to be updating for the HH pedal n the ED4R3. Well not that if won’t but it takes a lot of close the app, reopen, power cycle the eDRUMin. It’s not as simple as it was a few version ago.

Also, sometimes while I’m cycling the app the app will open and indicate the eDRUMin is attached but the inputs are greyed out the drum map says “default drum map”. This last time it seemed like the unit wasn’t sending midi notes either. Power cycled the ED10 and seemed like to came back now.

Not sure what else is needed to describe the issues.
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
Luckymethod

Post by Luckymethod »

Dadwrshpdrum wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 11:14 pm

Another issue while calibrating the HH pedal the travel display just froze up and wouldn’t show travel. That seems to have recovered after several resets, but sometimes travel and the vertical indicator the tracks pedal movement can get hung up and not display anything.

More significantly the drum map does not seem to be updating for the HH pedal n the ED4R3. Well not that if won’t but it takes a lot of close the app, reopen, power cycle the eDRUMin. It’s not as simple as it was a few version ago.

Also, sometimes while I’m cycling the app the app will open and indicate the eDRUMin is attached but the inputs are greyed out the drum map says “default drum map”. This last time it seemed like the unit wasn’t sending midi notes either. Power cycled the ED10 and seemed like to came back now.
seeing some of this too