TD-17 vs EDRUMin 10

Marell69

TD-17 vs EDRUMin 10

Post by Marell69 »

Hello eDRUMin Users,

Is the eDRUMin 10 module is better than the Roland TD-17?

I want to upgrade my edrum module. I use Superior Drummer 3. Positional sensing isn't working on my PDA 120 LS but it is good to have it for later upgrades... So the question is, is the eDRUMin a better choice than the TD17? Is there any benefit or preference over than any Roland module?

Latency? Any triggering problems? Any other problems?
What is your opinion?

Thanks

Marell
Jf450

Re: TD-17 vs EDRUMin 10

Post by Jf450 »

I went from a TD-17 module to eDRUMin 10+4. Best choice I ever made. You have much better control over everything especially the hi hats. Also you can use positional sensing with the eDRUMin.
Marell69

Post by Marell69 »

Thanks,

Is there any downsides?

PS not working with side piezo pads, but later I can upgrade it to one with center mounted...

Is it easy to use with vst?
Jf450

Post by Jf450 »

I haven't found any downsides yet, everything works better than when I was using the TD-17 to trigger EZDrummer2. I also use BFD3 and the drum maps lets you switch real quick between the two. You'll definitely need to spend a couple hours setting everything up.

I strongly suggest you read through manual if you haven't done so, it's available in the download section.
perceval

Post by perceval »

The downside is you lose a little simplicity.

Turning on a module, and start playing is simpler than using a computer and VST libraries.

But you gain in better sounds and control over your triggering.
MisterE

Post by MisterE »

perceval wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:39 am
The downside is you lose a little simplicity.

Turning on a module, and start playing is simpler than using a computer and VST libraries.

But you gain in better sounds and control over your triggering.
In my opinion better sounds and control are what it's all about. Simplicity is nice, but once you have everything dialed in, it's not complicated, and the benefits outweigh that upfront time commitment.
Ridge74

Post by Ridge74 »

I have TD-17 module, expanded my kit and bought ATV xD-3 module to trigger some sounds, works so and so with connected to mixer with module sounds. Now i have Superior drummer and SO MUCH better sounds but i cant change midi notes in modules, so same sound on couble of drums.

Just ordered two edrumin 10 box so finally mayby all starts to work as it should and i can get rid off that cable snake mess.. 8-)
Diamond Drum kit with low volume cymbals, two eDRUMin 10
perceval

Post by perceval »

Ridge74 wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:08 am
Just ordered two edrumin 10 box so finally mayby all starts to work as it should and i can get rid off that cable snake mess.. 8-)
Big kit! :)

But yes, having two eDRUMin devices, you can put one on the left and one on the right, then daisy-chain the two devices. Each bundle of cables stay on their side, so no more long run of cables running around, only one USB between the units. Much neater!
Aeckerman

Post by Aeckerman »

You’re connecting them together using a midi cable from one to the other and then the USB out from that device to the Pc? Is that right?

I thought the midi port was out only.
Jf450

Post by Jf450 »

Another plus for the eDRUMin is if like me you live in a remote wooded area with frequent power outages when the weather is bad, you can still play until the laptop runs out of power :D