Feature request: Midi notes as numbers

Iskulaatikko

Feature request: Midi notes as numbers

Post by Iskulaatikko »

Hey!

A request that is maybe not a top priority for many users but this has been bugging me for a while. Tried to search in the forums first, so if there's a solution i've missed, let me know :D

Is there a way to switch between viewing midi notes as musical notes and numbers (for example C3 / 60) as in my case SD3 shows everything only as numbers unless you go into the midi mappings in the settings, so it's sometimes tedious to do changes in edrumin as I can only see the midi note as a musical note. Would be neat to have a switch to turn it on or off etc. Not sure if the values are universal, or if some software/plugins start 0 from -2 and some from -1 which could be a problem of course.

for example I have to tell SD3 which note is my choke every time i switch preset, and while the "learn note" function in SD3 is good, each expansion seems to vary what is mapped where and which note is free to use, and it's often easier to go with the suggested key from SD3 for that function and switch the note in edrumin, than accidentally overwrite some other note to choke.

This is my biggest problem with eDRUMin and that tells a lot :lol: otherwise everything has been perfect so far! Thanks!
monospace

Re: Feature request: Midi notes as numbers

Post by monospace »

Right-clicking in the Note field toggles between notes and numbers.
Miscellaneous Roland triggers. ED-10 + ED-4. MacBook Pro (2015), 16G RAM, Big Sur. Superior Drummer 3. Logic Pro.
Iskulaatikko

Post by Iskulaatikko »

monospace wrote:Right-clicking in the Note field toggles between notes and numbers.
MVP right here. Didn't find it anywhere, thanks! :lol:
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

I stumbled across the right click when I first started with eDRUMin earlier this year. I will say it would be a nice enhancement if a right click on one note field would toggle all note fields to notes or number. Reason being I use a MacBook with no mouse, or easy way to right click one handed. So it is the smallest bit annoying to right click every single note I need to change vs right click just one time.
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
perceval

Post by perceval »

Well, using a MacBook, the Ctrl key is not that far from the trackpad....
Or, of course, tapping with two fingers instead of one.

Kinda easy to do a right-click, no?
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

To hell with all this clicking. It is time for a Preferences page so I can default to numbers when the app starts. :D

Or

A new button:
31EFA7CF-A911-4F73-9B24-906B00F37AB6.jpeg
31EFA7CF-A911-4F73-9B24-906B00F37AB6.jpeg (164.9 KiB) Viewed 1428 times
Mylo

Post by Mylo »

BTW... you can also left click and drag up or down to change the value. This works for all controls where appropriate.

<RTFM>Page 43</RTFM> :D
Dadwrshpdrum

Post by Dadwrshpdrum »

perceval wrote:Well, using a MacBook, the Ctrl key is not that far from the trackpad....
Or, of course, tapping with two fingers instead of one.

Kinda easy to do a right-click, no?
Lol, very minor indeed.
TD-17KVX, PD-125BK snare, PDX-100 Tom, PDX-12 Toms, PDX-8 Toms, CY-5 splash, CY-15R ride, CY-13R China. eDRUMin 10 with TD-17 slave module. MacBook Pro (16gb RAM and 1TB SSD). SSD5.5 and EZD2. Abelton Live.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

It's totally reasonable that the controls should remember if they showing notes or numbers.
dsteinschneider

Post by dsteinschneider »

+1 for Control App remembering if you switched from notes to numbers for note assignments