SD3 Hihat close pedal

Memorex

SD3 Hihat close pedal

Post by Memorex »

Hi everyone,

I´m fine tunning my hihat (2 zones metal cymbals) and when I close my hihat after hitting it once fully open, when I close it afterwards, SD3 register a "closed pedal articulation" but also a "closed edge articulation". If I only play it with my pedal everything is fine and I get only the closed pedal articulation. It only happens after hitting it with the stick.

The weird thing is that my eDRUMin doesn´t recognize it as a hit on my hihat cymbal input page, when I press down the pedal (the hit on the print screen is the fully open hihat hit), only SD3.

I tried with a max hold time because I thought that was a re-triggering issue, but the poblem remains, also with a high threshold on the hihat input page. I maxed the "xTalk" on the pedal page.

Is that normal and I´m just being picky?
Attachments
image.png
image.png (282.41 KiB) Viewed 780 times
image.png
image.png (86.67 KiB) Viewed 780 times
image.png
image.png (177.12 KiB) Viewed 780 times
Rob
Site Admin

Re: SD3 Hihat close pedal

Post by Rob »

Hard to be sure what the issue is, but start with setting the gain properly on your hihat pedal. A setting of 1 is almost certainly to low. You'll find that as you bring up the hihat pedal gain control, you'll be able to turn down the xtalk control.

Also, you might want to relax your hihat cymbal decay control, hard to tell for sure, but it looks a little aggressive to me.
Memorex

Post by Memorex »

I followed your suggestions and the problem remains.

Can it be related to cc messages/values, causing another articulation to trigger?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I can't reproduce the issue here. Can you use MIDI-OX or some other MIDI monitor to see if the edge note is indeed coming from the eDRUMin?
Memorex

Post by Memorex »

I think it´s an SD3 problem. It doesn´t happen on any EZX libraries, only on SDX expansions. Although it´s not audible. I changed the velocity curve for that articulation and it´s not audible even with a very exaggerated curve. Strange...