Roland TD-8 Pads

TheJay

Roland TD-8 Pads

Post by TheJay »

I have eight pads connected to two eDRUMin modules and one of the pads is showing as incompatible even though it is the same as the others? I've unplugged it and plugged it back in and this has made no difference.
Mylo

Re: Roland TD-8 Pads

Post by Mylo »

Short in the cable maybe? Take a cable that works and plug into the pad in question. eDRUMin is pretty sensitive to cable issues.
Ratamacue

Post by Ratamacue »

TheJay wrote:I have eight pads connected to two eDRUMin modules and one of the pads is showing as incompatible even though it is the same as the others? I've unplugged it and plugged it back in and this has made no difference.
You didn't mention which pads. The PD-80R snare is a stereo mesh head pad with two piezos. The others (PD-80) are mono mesh head pads with one center mounted piezo. The PD-7s are stereo rubber pads with a piezo and a switch for the edge.

If the eDrumIn is expecting the PD-80R is a piezo/switch then there will be an error. The PD-80s don't have a switch but I assume they are wired such that an "anticipated" switch always shows as open (sleeve -tip only). If there is a short *ring to sleeve" there may also be an error.
Ludwig Breakbeats A2E | DDRUM Redshots, Roland RT-30K | Roland PD-120, CY-5, CY-14 (2), CY-15R, VH-10, Yamaha PCY155 | (2) ED10 + ED4 | SD3 + EZD3 + BFD3 | ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 40GB | Behringer UMC404HD
TheJay

Post by TheJay »

Thank you for making a good point. They say PD-8 on each of the units and they are dual trigger.
Ratamacue

Post by Ratamacue »

TheJay wrote:Thank you for making a good point. They say PD-8 on each of the units and they are dual trigger.
The PD-8s are dual zone (piezo / switch) rubber pads. They are fairly indestructible. The pad type is "rubber pad." Try the following:

1. Try the incompatible pad using one of the same TRS plugs and inputs that the other identical pads use without problem. You did say "I've unplugged it and plugged it back in and this has made no difference," so I wasn't sure if you tried different cords in different inputs.

-if the problem persists then-

2. Set the incompatible pad to "rubber pad" and set "input mode" to "mono". If this works, then you can use edge sense to get a second voice. It actually works better than the Roland switch (in many / most cases) anyway.

If the problem still persists, you *may* have a defective pad that will need to be serviced.
Ludwig Breakbeats A2E | DDRUM Redshots, Roland RT-30K | Roland PD-120, CY-5, CY-14 (2), CY-15R, VH-10, Yamaha PCY155 | (2) ED10 + ED4 | SD3 + EZD3 + BFD3 | ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 40GB | Behringer UMC404HD
TheJay

Post by TheJay »

Thank you for your helpful reply.

It looks like the cables were faulty along with having the wrong type of splitter (thanks to Jokeboy). Changed and all looking good now.