Pad Incompatibility after turning unit off and then on?

Gemini8026

Pad Incompatibility after turning unit off and then on?

Post by Gemini8026 »

Hey all.

I have a Roland CH12r that is connected up and works great. When I turn off the unit and turn it back on again, I get a compatibility issue.

Any tips?!? Should I replace the cable or is there something I may be overlooking?!?
Gemini8026

Re: Pad Incompatibility after turning unit off and then on?

Post by Gemini8026 »

When I reset the input it goes away.... I can configure and it works great. Hoping its not a jack issue on my new unit!
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

That likely indicates an issue with your cable or your jack. Can you test with a different cable and also connecting to a different input on the eDRUMin?
Gemini8026

Post by Gemini8026 »

Rob wrote:That likely indicates an issue with your cable or your jack. Can you test with a different cable and also connecting to a different input on the eDRUMin?

Rob. Tried a different cable. I think I found a bug, and I have proved it out.

I have a Roland 12r/c.

If I plug it into the bell/bow output, I get the error. If I plug it into the Bow/edge output, I do not get the error. Tried this scenario on a few different outputs and cables. When connected to the bell output I get a pad incompatibility error AFTER restarting the unit. Functionality works fine though.

Check it out....
Gemini8026

Post by Gemini8026 »

I've tried more troubleshooting.

My CY-12 r/c works perfectly fine on my TD-9 module but still everytime I try and set it up in Edrumin I get the pad incompatibility warning. I cant use the Roland 3 way either. I have tried multiple cables and multiple inputs on the unit itself.

Rob, can you tell me what you use to test incompatiblity or what variable is in there?! As mentioned if I set everything up when plugged into the Bow edge output it works great when I move it over to the bell/bow. Its something in the original initation that sees a value it doesnt like and shuts down the port.

I just want to exhaust anything else because I want to use it as a ride, but I might have to sell it and find another cymbal with a bell and no edge....

*shrug* Kinda weird.