Updating firmware from IOS

mmarco

Updating firmware from IOS

Post by mmarco »

Would it be possible to enable firmware updates from the iOS app? I cannot update from my mac due to it not having usb ports. The module works fine for triggering through a thunderbolt->USB to USB hub to the module, but the firmware window says not to use hubs which is not possible for me and the iOS app says to use mac/pc to do so, so I am kinda stuck...
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Updating firmware from IOS

Post by Rob »

Unfortunately, updating the firmware from iOS is not possible. I think if the eDRUMin is the only thing plugged into the hub, you should be safe to update that way.
mmarco

Post by mmarco »

if something goes wrong, is there a risk of irrecoverably bricking the device or the worst thing that can happen is that the firmware update does not succeed and/or it is always possible to "factory reset" from the iOS app?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Worse vase scenario is that you need to contact me via technical support and I send you instructions on how to open the device to access the physical program to restore the device.
mmarco

Post by mmarco »

thanks for the details, I ended up taking the module temporarily to the computer just to update the firmware, and configured it later via the iOS app. Annoying to have to disconnect/reconnect the cables but don't expect to update the firmware that often so it should be ok. Just curious, is iOS updating not supported due to app review policies? or does the iOS USB stack not provide the support you need?