Splitting an input to use 2 Yamaha pcy cymbals

Djangojanner

Splitting an input to use 2 Yamaha pcy cymbals

Post by Djangojanner »

Hi there . I have an ATV EX5 kit, and edrum in 4 . I,ve expanded the kit with 2x yam pcy 13.5 cymbals, 1x yam 15.5 cymbal , 1x ATV 10 inch pad and a Yamaha XP 120 SD snare pad.

Upon adding the yam snare I’m now an input short , I’m using the edrumin for the Yamaha kit and currently using the ATV snare output for a floor Tom.

I bought a stereo to mono splitter and tried to use 2 of the yam cymbals on 1 edrum input , only one cymbal works but the input is set up as Yamaha 3 zone , does it need to be set to something else ? I don’t mind if the 2 split yam cymbals are only single zone as they will mostly be used for effects like China and splash.

Is it possible to run the two Yamaha cymbals on one input in e drumin like this or am I better off trying to gain an input through splitting the old ATV snare and say running the 2 floor Tom’s from it ? I’m assuming if I go that route I need a proper resistor type splitter and the playability of the Floortom from the old ATV snare rim trigger may not be perfect.

Which do you think is the best route to take to get the extra input ?
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Splitting an input to use 2 Yamaha pcy cymbals

Post by Rob »

Did you put the input into DUAL MONO mode?
Djangojanner

Re: Splitting an input to use 2 Yamaha pcy cymbals

Post by Djangojanner »

All sorted now in Dual mono mode , initially it was on default 3 zone Yamaha. Working fine with the El cheapo stereo to mono splitter. :)