Hi Hat not outputting custom notes in Levels mode

toma

Hi Hat not outputting custom notes in Levels mode

Post by toma »

Not sure what I am doing wrong here. I am trying to use my hi-hat (Roland vh-11) in Hihat Levels mode with custom notes. I don't want to send any CC at the moment, just trigger closed to open notes to my SD3. My pedal seems to be calibrated correctly and I can see the levels change all the way from "Tight" to "Open 6" when I operate the pedal.

I have the notes set the way I want them for all 8 levels. Nothing fancy, I'm just trying to get closed and open notes. When I look at my SD3 to what notes are being received, it's note 8 no matter where the pedal is. Nothing changes and SD3 is not changing notes as far as I can tell.

I have CC, Pedal, and Splash all set to 0 because I don't want them at the moment. Just trying to get my selected notes sent depending on where the pedal is when I play the hi-hat.

Model is ED10R2, firmware is 2.1.1.3. I can't figure out why it isn't working as expected. Any help appreciated!!
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Hi Hat not outputting custom notes in Levels mode

Post by Rob »

Make sure your hihat cymbal is set to "Hihat 1 Cymbal"
image.png
image.png (19.04 KiB) Viewed 748 times
toma

Post by toma »

Thank you Rob! That seems to take care of it. One more question if you don't mind... How can I completely turn off hi-hat control change messages? For now I only want to output midi notes. Thanks again.

Tom
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

You can't.
toma

Post by toma »

Thanks. I'm sure I can find a way to filter them out in the DAW.