Last Week w/ ED10

dorishuntt

Last Week w/ ED10

Post by dorishuntt »

I've had my ED10 for a week now and overall I am very happy. With the visual tools available in the app, I have been able to eliminate all double triggers and most false rimshots/sidesticks.

The only things puzzling me are:
Seemingly random increases in gain on the snare. Midway through a song the volume of my snare trigger gets LOUD. resetting the cable connections fixes it.

Positional sensing is still a challenge on the snare. However this may be due to the A2E, DIY nature of my triggers and the fact that the bearing edge tolerances on this cheap acoustic kit are...let's just call them "generous."

AD2 registers a constant, very minor input from the hi-hat pedal (from an Alesis Nitro Mesh). Also, at times the pedal will lose it's ability to choke an open hi-hat note. Recalibrating the pedal fixes the choke issue, but not the constant input issue.

MacOS app crashes every 10 min or so. (MacBook Air 2014 running 10.15.16 Catalina.)
These have not preventing me from enjoying the kit. Great work Rob!
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Last Week w/ ED10

Post by Rob »

dorishuntt wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:02 am
Seemingly random increases in gain on the snare. Midway through a song the volume of my snare trigger gets LOUD. resetting the cable connections fixes it.
Sounds like a cable / soldering issue with your DIY A->E setup. Maybe there's an actual bug there, but I probably would have heard a lot more noise on the forums if there was.
dorishuntt wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:02 am
AD2 registers a constant, very minor input from the hi-hat pedal (from an Alesis Nitro Mesh). Also, at times the pedal will lose it's ability to choke an open hi-hat note. Recalibrating the pedal fixes the choke issue, but not the constant input issue.
After you recalibrate, use your mouse to make the green calibration range a bit smaller such that when your foot is off the hihat pedal, the indicator is just outside the green box.

As for the crash, if might be related to the constant hihat position data being transmitted. I'm also happy to get crash logs. You can send them to support at audiofront dot net.